We are growing at ZAG FIRST and are adding a Marketing Project Manager to our team. This is a full-time position that specializes in planning, managing, and executing projects related to marketing campaigns for our clients. This role is responsible for implementing marketing strategies by identifying all the tasks that need to be completed within a marketing campaign and then strategically delegating those tasks to the appropriate team members. This is a supervisory position that requires you to manage people as well as projects. The primary function of the Marketing Project Manager is to ensure all work for our clients is done on time, on budget, and to a high standard of quality.
If you are interested in this role or know someone you could recommend, email us at [email protected].
Marketing Project Manager Position Overview:
The Marketing Project Manager at ZAG FIRST is a full-time position that specializes in planning, managing, and executing projects related to marketing campaigns for our clients. This role is responsible for implementing marketing strategies by identifying all the tasks that need to be completed within a marketing campaign, and then strategically delegating those tasks to the appropriate team members. This is a supervisory position that requires you to manage people as well as projects. The primary function of the Marketing Project Manager is to ensure all work for our clients is done on time, on budget, and to a high standard of quality.
Key Skills Needed to Succeed in this Position:
The right candidate for this role will possess a hybrid of technical and soft skills. You must have expertise in marketing as well as project management in order to be successful in this position. The following skills are required:
- Organizational Skills: Organization will be essential when creating projects and associated tasks necessary to implement campaign strategies. You will also need organizational skills to balance multiple initiatives at once, craft project budgets, and keep track of timelines.
- Prioritization Skills: Not only will you organize the tasks related to a campaign, but you will also determine which tasks are most important based on their size, scope, and urgency. The ability to efficiently and effectively analyze several competing priorities and decide which should be acted on first is a key skill for this position.
- Decision-Making Skills: Delegating tasks and determining which employee is best suited for each task will require strong decision-making skills. You will have to make consequential decisions on a daily basis when organizing and prioritizing all the moving parts related to a marketing campaign.
- Analytical Skills: ZAG FIRST is a data-driven marketing organization, so an analytical mindset is needed in many aspects of this position. The right candidate will be able to thoroughly analyze, interpret, and report on data and results from marketing campaigns in order to make decisions and recommendations.
- People Management Skills: This role will interact with both internal and external resources to execute campaigns for our clients. The right candidate will be able to work well with many different types of people and manage a remote team.
- Communication Skills: You must be able to effectively communicate with team members and key external stakeholders. The right candidate for this role will also be able to succinctly present important information and build slide decks that will be distributed internally and to clients.
- Project Management Skills: It probably goes without saying that the Marketing Project Manager must have excellent project management skills! This means understanding best practices and theories of project management, as well as understanding how to put those theories into action. This skillset is used in virtually every aspect of the position.
Core Responsibilities of this Position:
- Lead and execute day-to-day marketing operation activities to ensure seamless execution and workflow management for all marketing projects
- Hold teams accountable for delivering on project plans, and remove daily blockers that interfere with project success factors
- Creatively collaborate with the team to define the path and plan forward, and provide structure and process to the project plan
- Responsible for overseeing project timelines, conducting status reports and meetings for all assigned projects, and delegating tasks to the appropriate team members
- Drive team productivity by optimizing marketing processes and efficiently managing resources to balance workload
- Manage all initiatives within the company’s project management software to make sure all tasks and projects are up to date on a daily basis and that all changes/updates are tracked within the system
- 3+ years of experience in project management or operations, preferably in media or marketing
- Extensive experience working with creative teams (e.g., designers, copywriters, photographers, etc.) resulting in a strong understanding of asset development and the thinking and processes surrounding it.
- You can zoom out and think high level while also sweating the details and getting your hands dirty in the trenches
- You work well within a highly collaborative and multi-disciplinary team, and are able to create strong working relationships with stakeholders
- You use any of these words to describe yourself: self-starter, creative problem-solver, organized, detail-oriented, proactive
- You hold yourself and your partners to a high standard of accountability and exhibit strengths in motivating/influencing others
- You have the ability to work autonomously and take strong accountability and ownership of multiple customer-facing projects.
- You work well in a fast-paced environment, are able to manage multiple projects with ever-changing needs, and are adept at prioritization
- You are opinionated about the best ways to work effectively and can recognize areas for improvement. You facilitate change by working with others across the company so that the team is highly efficient, well organized, and has seamless project execution.
- You are an advocate for open and transparent communication.
- You have familiarity with project management software (Asana, Google Drive, etc.) and how to best use it to drive transparency around goals, deliverables, and due dates
- You possess a unique combination of leadership skills and guidance. You are able to balance ensuring the team meets deadlines and works efficiently while also showing empathy when listening and solving problems between teams and stakeholders.
About ZAG FIRST
Based in Kansas City, MO, ZAG FIRST helps growing B2B companies succeed by bringing them the same kind of results-focused digital marketing strategies, tools, and tactics that are used by large organizations and industry leaders.
Our values are extremely important to us. It is crucial that our clients are aligned with our values and that every member of the ZAG FIRST team strives to live out our values. The ZAG FIRST values are:
We are a small team so it is important that every person on the team is capable of wearing multiple hats and working independently.
We have a strict “no jerk” policy for co-workers and clients. We want to work with co-workers and clients who are good people and enjoyable to work with. Jerky co-workers and clients can create a toxic environment and none of us want to work in a toxic place – life is just too short.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $48,000.00 – $75,000.00 per year